July 2, 2010

When School's Over

Salam ukhuwwah fillah...


I met Kam, my old friend from school today. It was great to have a long talk, sharing old stories of the times we once had been through together. There were Kam, Arip and Rakna, my best friends. All four of us were in the same class when we were in Form 2. Though each one of us have lead different lives now (in different universities and different places) but we still keep in touch. Once in a while, we meet up somewhere, have a drink or a movie. They're my best friends.

When I was 14, I remember how I thought it would be great if I didn't need to go to school. I was so eager to turn 18 and get the hell out from school. After PMR, we seperated. Rakna moved to Perlis, Kam and Arip went to MRSM. I stayed and was elected as the head prefect. I was proud to be chosen out among the boys but honestly, I didn't like it, much. I was too busy with the school discipline and stuff, and I didn't do my best for SPM. I didn't get straight A's and my application to matriculation was rejected. It was my dream to go there. And so, I ended up pursuing diploma. My plea for the second intake to matric was accepted though, but the day they called and informed me about it, I was already registered for diploma.

Life was good, but I had to accept the fact that diploma took 2 years longer compared to matric. But God's the fairest of all, I studied hard and was awarded the best student. Alhamdulillah. After graduation, I furthered for degree, until now.

I came to realize, after so many years and no matter what I do, my friends are still there for me. It's been more than 8 years now, and we're still good friends like old times. And I'm really glad for that.

In school, life seemed so easy back then. But when we're all grown up, things changed. But I'm grateful for one thing that will never change; our friendship.

School life was the greatest. I wish I could turn back time. There are no problems bothering, all we have to do is study and study and do well in exams. School's the best place to make friends, lifetime friends.

Thanks to all my friends - from kindergarten, primary school, secondary school and university. I love you guys...


=)

No comments:

Get a Cursor! ZingerBug.com - Comments, glitter graphics, cursors, and more!